Frequently Asked Question
Troubleshooting Multi-Factor Authentication on Office 365
Last Updated 11 months ago
Manage MFA user settings
- You must be an Office 365 global admin to do these steps. Go to the Office 365 admin center.
- Go to Users > Active users.
- Choose More > multifactor authentication setup. If you don't see the More option, then you aren't a global admin for your subscription.
- On the multi-factor authentication page, select the check box next to the people you want to manage.
- On the right, under quick steps, choose Manage user settings.
- In the Manage user settings dialog box, select one or more of the following options:
- Require selected users to provide contact methods again
- Delete all existing app passwords generated by the selected users
- Restore multi-factor authentication on all remembered devices - Any devices that have had the “Don’t ask again for 60 days” checkbox set will now need to authenticate via MFA again.
Choose Save, then choose Close.