All schools, regardless of size, should take regular backups of their important data. Schools should also ensure that these backups are current and can be restored.
If your school is a victim of flood, fire, physical damage, theft or ransomware you could be in serious trouble if you don’t have a backup!
At Bitz ‘n’ PC’z Ltd, we believe that backups are one of the most important thing you can invest in for your schools. We don’t like “selling with fear”, but we also believe we should let you know the consequences and risks of a less than adequate backup system.
The hard reality is there are many different ways to lose your data. A scary number of schools do suffer catastrophic data losses. Natural disasters, cyber-threats, previous employees with malicious intent are all commonplace in today’s world.
The Backup Services we provide are enterprise grade so you can sleep at night, knowing that you are taking the best steps possible to protect your school.
We like to set the right expectations up front. Whilst we do everything we can to give you the best possible chance of a full recovery after a disaster, the unfortunate reality is that there is no 100% guaranteed options. Even the giants like Amazon, Microsoft and Google have lost serious amounts of important data either accidentally or through data breaches.
Some of the benefits of our cloud based backups are as follows:
The Department for Education InfoSec Team provides the following guidance:
- It is vital that all education providers take the necessary steps to protect their networks from cyber-attacks and have the ability to restore systems and recover data from backups.
- (Schools) should ensure that IT teams are:
- Backing up the right data. Ensuring the right data is backed up is paramount, including but not limited to; Covid-19 information, data relating to exams/coursework, student/staff data and alongside other key elements.
- The backups are held fully offline and not connected to systems or in cold storage, ideally following the 3-2-1 rule explained in the NCSC blog Offline backups in an online world
- Backups are tested appropriately, not only should backups be done regularly but need to be tested to ensure that services can be restored and data recovered from backups.